I can't imagine what I was thinking when I decided to 'create' Nigel Parsimonious Trenchfoote... In case you're wondering, he's the shifty looking seagull on the cover of the book I recently published on Amazon Kindle (The Testing of Archie Rathbone). After spending the last forty-or-so years as a gull, and briefly reverting to his former self (and occupation) he has escaped from the pages of my book (goodness knows how that happened) and is now at large. I hold myself entirely responsible for this, and can only apologise. However, the great British public, and those beyond our shores will I’ve no doubt rise to the challenge and help me to keep a careful and guarded eye out for this loathsome miscreant, and notify one and all of his whereabouts. I feel I must emphasise – on no account lend him any money (no matter what sob-story he spins you).

Yours apologetically

AH

Friday 6 July 2012

A twist of the Bolt

I really shouldn't be surprised that this has happened - given that I have no idea how Trenchfoote escaped from the pages of my book, why should I raise an eyebrow now? Perhaps it's just simple denial.

What's happened, you ask? Bolt - that's what's happened!

You see, despite Trenchfoote's experiences at the hands of the Tailors (see The Testing of Archie Rathbone), he really only seems to have held a grudge against Upright and Clench. Bolt seems to have managed to strike up a friendship with him over the years (something of a novelty for both of them one would imagine) - it's why he was involved in the whole Archie Rathbone business in the first place - Bolt needed his services.

Anyway, Bolt, Upright & Clench were believed to be beyond reach - at least that's where I left them - but somehow, Trenchfoote's managed to get Bolt - not only get him, but release him from the book. That's right! He's out! At the end of my last post I said I wished I knew how to find Scarrot's Elbow - well it now looks as though Trenchfoote did, and he found something there that allowed him to release Bolt...

There's no knowing what those two will get up to now. It doesn't bear thinking about. What's more, Trenchfoote must have a plan otherwise why go to the trouble? I can only assume that he left London to try to lay low for a while, then to return when he was convinced he wasn't being watched, and to release his ghastly friend.

But what are they plotting? And what's to be done about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment