I can't imagine what I was thinking when I decided to 'create' Nigel Parsimonious Trenchfoote... In case you're wondering, he's the shifty looking seagull on the cover of the book I recently published on Amazon Kindle (The Testing of Archie Rathbone). After spending the last forty-or-so years as a gull, and briefly reverting to his former self (and occupation) he has escaped from the pages of my book (goodness knows how that happened) and is now at large. I hold myself entirely responsible for this, and can only apologise. However, the great British public, and those beyond our shores will I’ve no doubt rise to the challenge and help me to keep a careful and guarded eye out for this loathsome miscreant, and notify one and all of his whereabouts. I feel I must emphasise – on no account lend him any money (no matter what sob-story he spins you).

Yours apologetically

AH

Friday 13 July 2012

The Last Post?

I take it you've seen the advert in the LMS (below)?

Well, I'm not quite sure how I'm going to manage it yet, but if at all possible I'm going to try to smuggle myself into that meeting, and I'll let you know what I find out.

No further sightings of Trenchfoote that I'm aware of, but don't let that fool you. He must suspect that his advert will have been spotted and he'll need to keep a low profile. He and Bolt will be banking on the fact that it's going to be almost impossible for most people to find Scarrott's Elbow, and he's got good reason to be confident about that. What he isn't taking into account though is that I've thought of a way of finding it. I'll tell you more about that next time - if there is a next time...

Sorry for the short post only I've got to make preparations. If everything goes quiet (no more posts) then you'll know what's happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment