I can't imagine what I was thinking when I decided to 'create' Nigel Parsimonious Trenchfoote... In case you're wondering, he's the shifty looking seagull on the cover of the book I recently published on Amazon Kindle (The Testing of Archie Rathbone). After spending the last forty-or-so years as a gull, and briefly reverting to his former self (and occupation) he has escaped from the pages of my book (goodness knows how that happened) and is now at large. I hold myself entirely responsible for this, and can only apologise. However, the great British public, and those beyond our shores will I’ve no doubt rise to the challenge and help me to keep a careful and guarded eye out for this loathsome miscreant, and notify one and all of his whereabouts. I feel I must emphasise – on no account lend him any money (no matter what sob-story he spins you).

Yours apologetically

AH

Saturday 21 July 2012

A Temporary Setback

I think I'd better start by explaining up front that I'm probably going to have to reduce the frequency of my posts. Unfortunately, there are only twenty-four hours in each of my days (or so I'm told), and into those hours I also have to fit rather a lot of other things (writing my next book, trying to sell the last one, renovating an old house, being a husband/father, trying to find a job, and countless other things - and not necesarily in that order).

Blogger lets me see how many views my blogs are getting, so I have a pretty good idea how popular/lacking in popularity they are - I have two blogs here (this one plus my Ravensgold Books one) and an Author Blog on the excellent Goodreads website. There has been a constant trickle of views over the last month to my two Blogger sites, but it appears that I have a small number of interested individuals (and thank you if you're one of them) who return every so often to read my new posts. I'd love to keep posting every couple of days, but I just can't sustain that level, given the other priorities I have to manage as well. If you are one of the interested ones then I hope you will still continue to find posts here to entertain/inform you, even if they are less frequent than before.

Being new to blogging (and not having followed any myself before) I don't know whether it's normal not to receive any comments on your blog. When I started The Trenchfoote Legacy blog it was with the specific intention of encouraging reader participation), and if no one has comments to make then that's fine, but without feedback I can't tell whether what I'm posting is of any real interest. So if you do want The Trenchfoote Legacy blog to continue then please feel free to give me feedback (join in - tell me if you see Trenchfoote when you're out for the day, let me know if you hear about what he's planning, if you've been one of his victims in the past then share it with us), and perhaps tell your friends about this blog - the more the merrier...

And what has Trenchfoote been up to over the last few days? Well, as anticipated he and Bolt are pretty angry at having their bank job scuppered. Worse still (but equally predictably) they have worked out that one of the attendees of their meeting must be a mole - I'm just hoping that they'll be keen to remain inconspicuous and so won't come looking for me! All the same, I'm wondering if it might be wise to go away for a while - untill the trail goes cold.

Anyway, I'm not so naive as to think that they'll just give up now - they'll come up with a new money-making scam and sooner or later they'll be in a position to have their revenge. So if you hear of anything suspicious then don't keep it to yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment